Addressing the Issue: Community
- As a community, it is important to learn as much as you can about how gender and social norms affect and shape our relationships. Relationship violence affects the health of the individual as well as the community and is never acceptable under any circumstances It is important to take a step back and reflect on your own relationships to see how these topics affect us and others around us. Easy steps that you can take to help yourself and others are:
- Think about how these topics affect your opinions and the way you act
- Think about how the media and people around you may contribute to your relationship ideas
- Be proactive, learn more about the topics by doing your own research
- Talk to others and spread the word on what you have learned
- Below is a list of resources for you to learn more about relationships violence.
- RESOURCE MANUAL